Zero Hour Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zero Hour Fleet

We Fight As One

HomeHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

Share | 

USSR is COMING !!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NavyFIELD
Squad Officer

USSR is COMING !!! _
PostSubject: USSR is COMING !!!   USSR is COMING !!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:49 am

SOVIET IS HERE!

USSR is COMING !!! Capetr10
This is the latest work on the new nation,

Soviet Union. As mentioned on last update, they are almost done. Here are some images for it. I like the shipyard image that
our graphic team worked on.Ship images are for the ship tree, so they look small but you still can see them.

From past updates, I have mentioned that new nations will only be available to
premium subscription players, except France. I received many concerns on this from players so we have changed it. We
will instead use a single onetime pay to play method.The full details will be coming once the Soviet Union is available to play.

Please enjoy the photos
and let us know your thoughts.

USSR is COMING !!! Bbsove11USSR is COMING !!! Cv_pro10USSR is COMING !!! Sspcla10
Want to see more? Click Here!

Taken from NavyFIELD Official forum
Back to top Go down
xfallenx
Seaman
Seaman

USSR is COMING !!! _
PostSubject: Re: USSR is COMING !!!   USSR is COMING !!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 11:19 am

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
USSR
Petty Officer
Petty Officer
USSR

USSR is COMING !!! _
PostSubject: Re: USSR is COMING !!!   USSR is COMING !!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 1:47 pm

I know some Soviet subs were made of wood in WW2. I would like to know the structure strength of their subs in the NF.
Back to top Go down
xfallenx
Seaman
Seaman

USSR is COMING !!! _
PostSubject: Re: USSR is COMING !!!   USSR is COMING !!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:55 pm

im only interested in them BBs! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pi314159
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

USSR is COMING !!! _
PostSubject: Re: USSR is COMING !!!   USSR is COMING !!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:10 pm

The wooden subs will burn twice as fast Very Happy
Back to top Go down
victordelta
Squad Officer

USSR is COMING !!! _
PostSubject: Re: USSR is COMING !!!   USSR is COMING !!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:00 pm

gotta pay to play the sovs?

dont think im too crazy about having to pay even more for a bunch of fake ships. (seriously the russian fleet wasnt much better off than the germans.)

from wikipedia:
Quote :
The composition of the Soviet fleets in 1941 included: [2]

* 3 battleships
* 7 cruisers (including 4 modern Kirov-class cruisers)
* 59 destroyer-leaders and squadron-destroyers (including 46 modern Type 7 destroyers and Type 7U destroyers)
* 218 submarines
* 269 torpedo boats
* 22 patrol vessels
* 88 minesweepers
* 77 submarine hunters and a range of other smaller vessels

In various stages of completion were another 219 vessels including 3 battleships, 2 heavy and 7 light cruisers, 45 destroyers, and 91 submarines.

The above also included some pre-WWI ships (Novik-class destroyers, some Cruisers, all Battleships), some modern ships built in Soviet Union and Europe (like the Italian-built destroyer Tashkent[3] or partially completed German cruiser Lützow). During the war, many of the vessels on the slips in Leningrad and Nikolayev were destroyed (mainly by aircraft and mines), but the Soviet Navy also received captured Romanian destroyers and lend-lease small craft from the U.S., as well as an old RN battleship HMS Royal Sovereign named Arkhangelsk and US navy cruiser USS Milwaukee (renamed Murmansk) given in exchange for the Soviet part of the captured Italian navy.

I just dont see this as being a very varied or enjoyable nation to play especially if you have to pay extra for it
Back to top Go down
xfallenx
Seaman
Seaman

USSR is COMING !!! _
PostSubject: Re: USSR is COMING !!!   USSR is COMING !!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:05 pm

Russia / Soviet Union has always been most powerful at tanks and infantry than navy. They've always been the most powerful land when it comes to that! RUSSIA IN MY HEART Very Happy <3
Back to top Go down
victordelta
Squad Officer

USSR is COMING !!! _
PostSubject: Re: USSR is COMING !!!   USSR is COMING !!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:47 pm

xfallenx wrote:
Russia / Soviet Union has always been most powerful at tanks and infantry than navy. They've always been the most powerful land when it comes to that! RUSSIA IN MY HEART Very Happy <3

that would be fine if we were playing InfantryFIELD.

but we're not. this is NavyFIELD, and the soviets are likely to be a KM rehash full of nonexistant fantasy ships that youll have to pay extra for.

I mean if thats your thing, go for it and have fun. I just think its going to be a disapointment
Back to top Go down
USSR
Petty Officer
Petty Officer
USSR

USSR is COMING !!! _
PostSubject: Re: USSR is COMING !!!   USSR is COMING !!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 1:08 am

I have a wild idea about USSR's sailor. Adding a political officer. For instance, if u have a political officer on board, u can boost ur gunners, enges, etc, but u will relieve a higher crew death rate.
If u have watched the movie "Enemy at gates", u will know what i am talking about here. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ZeroAWG
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
ZeroAWG

USSR is COMING !!! _
PostSubject: Re: USSR is COMING !!!   USSR is COMING !!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:40 am

In Soviet Russia... nukes bomb yooooooooou!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.msn.com
xfallenx
Seaman
Seaman

USSR is COMING !!! _
PostSubject: Re: USSR is COMING !!!   USSR is COMING !!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:30 am

victordelta wrote:
xfallenx wrote:

that would be fine if we were playing InfantryFIELD.

but we're not. this is NavyFIELD, and the soviets are likely to be a KM rehash full of nonexistant fantasy ships that youll have to pay extra for.

I mean if thats your thing, go for it and have fun. I just think its going to be a disapointment

The KM line has no fantasy ships... the H39, H44, Seydlitz, M/O/P-Project, Europa, Graf Zeppelin were all part a of the so called "Plan-Z".

Plan Z was the name given to the planned re-equipment and expansion of the Kriegsmarine.

The plan involved:

* Four aircraft carriers, (two of the Graf Zeppelin-class, plus two others)
* Six H-Class battleships
* Three "O Class" battlecruisers
* 12 "Kreuzer P Class" Panzerschiffe
* Two further Hipper-class heavy cruisers (Seydlitz, and Lützow)
* Four "M-Class" light cruisers
* Two "Improved M-Class" light cruisers
* Six "Spähkreuzer-class" large destroyers

Since KM didnt have much ships other than Gneisenau, Scharnhorst and Bismarck as their capital ships, they HAD to take ships from the Plan-Z. And I', not surprised if the Russian Navy in NF will be based on plans of battleships since they didnt have much under WWII.
Back to top Go down
pi314159
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

USSR is COMING !!! _
PostSubject: Re: USSR is COMING !!!   USSR is COMING !!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 1:49 pm

*Gasp* 200+ subs
Back to top Go down
xfallenx
Seaman
Seaman

USSR is COMING !!! _
PostSubject: Re: USSR is COMING !!!   USSR is COMING !!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:49 pm

pi314159 wrote:
*Gasp* 200+ subs

Oh, and Soviet Union / Russia has always had alot of subs ^^ try finding them around Russia with Google Earth! its easy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pi314159
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

USSR is COMING !!! _
PostSubject: Re: USSR is COMING !!!   USSR is COMING !!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 2:16 am

I wonder how much damage the tier 216 sub does...
Back to top Go down
DethNinja666
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
DethNinja666

USSR is COMING !!! _
PostSubject: Re: USSR is COMING !!!   USSR is COMING !!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:18 am

First off, been telling all my friends ALWAYS waiting for Russian ships on Navy Field haha. It's going to be great. Their navy was less powerful than the other nations in brute strength, but their subs were in great numbers and used strategically. I have watched Enemy at the Gates so yes, I think that would be nice haha.
All in all, even if Russian ships aren't good, I will still have a crew for them.

On another note, World of Tanks, a closed beta game, uses German and Russian tanks currently with other nations soon to battle it out. Russian arty is nice. But german tanks are just.... tankish lol.
Back to top Go down
pi314159
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

USSR is COMING !!! _
PostSubject: Re: USSR is COMING !!!   USSR is COMING !!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 1:26 pm

They have 7 subs....im hoping they're in seperate lines and there is no ss7....
Back to top Go down
xfallenx
Seaman
Seaman

USSR is COMING !!! _
PostSubject: Re: USSR is COMING !!!   USSR is COMING !!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 4:19 pm

i guess there will be 2 SS lines since USSR has/had alot of subs...
Back to top Go down
DethNinja666
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
DethNinja666

USSR is COMING !!! _
PostSubject: Re: USSR is COMING !!!   USSR is COMING !!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 6:31 pm

Yeah if they have 7 subs then they will split it up into two lines. Im curious how they are going the make the line with only 3 subs more appealing than the one with 4 subs since common sense would dictate us choosing the ss4 line =p
Back to top Go down
xfallenx
Seaman
Seaman

USSR is COMING !!! _
PostSubject: Re: USSR is COMING !!!   USSR is COMING !!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:58 pm

nuclear subs!
Back to top Go down
victordelta
Squad Officer

USSR is COMING !!! _
PostSubject: Re: USSR is COMING !!!   USSR is COMING !!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:32 am

DethNinja666 wrote:
Yeah if they have 7 subs then they will split it up into two lines. Im curious how they are going the make the line with only 3 subs more appealing than the one with 4 subs since common sense would dictate us choosing the ss4 line =p

youd have 2 different sub lines that both meet back up at t4.

For example, look at the US BB line- Nevada and Alaska lines both end with iowa
Back to top Go down
xfallenx
Seaman
Seaman

USSR is COMING !!! _
PostSubject: Re: USSR is COMING !!!   USSR is COMING !!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:34 am

^ is smart..!
Back to top Go down
DethNinja666
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
DethNinja666

USSR is COMING !!! _
PostSubject: Re: USSR is COMING !!!   USSR is COMING !!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:43 am

Ah fair enough. What do you think the differences between the sub lines shall be? And what will be the advantage of Russian subs.... As in, KM has proxy torps... USSR will have...
Back to top Go down
USSR
Petty Officer
Petty Officer
USSR

USSR is COMING !!! _
PostSubject: Re: USSR is COMING !!!   USSR is COMING !!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:45 am

USSR subs should have more displacement for weapons, armor and crew, since they used wood to build their subs, the ship itself weights less.
Back to top Go down
xfallenx
Seaman
Seaman

USSR is COMING !!! _
PostSubject: Re: USSR is COMING !!!   USSR is COMING !!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:18 am

wood..? hmm...
Back to top Go down
victordelta
Squad Officer

USSR is COMING !!! _
PostSubject: Re: USSR is COMING !!!   USSR is COMING !!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:09 pm

xfallenx wrote:
wood..? hmm...

Wood floats, therefore soviet subs wont submerge Laughing

Dont know what advantage they might have. it'll probably depend on what the russian national bonuses are like, so wont even be able to guess until that gets leaked

If were using wood boats, its probably safe to assume armor whoring will be unlikely
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

USSR is COMING !!! _
PostSubject: Re: USSR is COMING !!!   USSR is COMING !!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

USSR is COMING !!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Zero Hour Fleet :: NavyFIELD Update :: News & Update-